Monday, October 6, 2008

Things Change

I haven't written on this blog in a long time. I thought it was time to provide an update.

I've begun settling into my new apartment. This week I'm buying living room furniture, at least that's the plan. I did, however, just sink a significant amount of money into a new computer, thanks to my destructive cat Sadie. So the furniture might have to wait.

My business is going well. It could be going better, but I'm thankful to at least be able to pay my bills in the midst of this economical insanity. I do take comfort in the fact that if I end up in the poor house, I'll have a lot of company. Also, I'm predicting that people will soon start resorting to cannibalism, which I find exciting. I've always wanted to see what people taste like! Yay depression!

Comedy has been going great, although it keeps my schedule super busy. Crank and I are in the middle of filming our second short. We're planning on shopping this one around to some film festivals. I'm not going to go into describing it. You'll just have to see it when it's done. One spoiler, I drank multiple bottles of whiskey during the shooting.

In addition to the video (which is more work than you could imagine), I'm still rehearsing for the improv show I was cast in. We premier in several weeks. I'm super excited!

The sketch group now has five members. We're going to start working on blocking soon, and I'm currently trying to track down a venue and dates for our run.

My improv group is considering getting a coach and thinking about where we might do our first performance.

The one downside has been my suspension of iO classes. I had to drop out of my current class due to everything that has been going on in my life. The break up, the move, my job all contributed to me just not having the focus, energy and time to continue. I hope to get back into it come January.

Oh, and I'm coming to Columbia at the end of the month. So if you're reading this, and you're still in CoMO, hit me up.

No comments: